Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see a number close to 600 when you're all done.

So after the dyno session are you saying the tuner left about 40hp on the table ?

he sent me his dyno sheet, and after looking and listening to the video it seems the engine hasn't been tuned for best numbers. It makes peak H at like 5400rpm. It falls off well after that. I would think there would be more in it.

I agree that the Dyno session was a little scarey with the motor jumping around like that at low RPM, the outboards were opening way to slow ... I hope the head gaskets survived that shock ... and there may be a LITTLE more in it but you are not realizing 3 things, it's a 4.5" stroke, the heads are too small for the cubes, and it's a HYDRAULIC roller cam, it's not going to be happy revving to the moon.

When I originally talked to Darren about those heads he was putting them on his 440, that grew to a 493 when he pulled the trigger to buy them and they would have been fine on that, now add another 50 cubes, things change ...

We had the Engine masters engine on the dyno and found another 30HP, but half of it came from changing the malfunctioning carb.