Quote:

I know a lot on the 273 won't bolt up to a 360. I was somewhat aware of the exhaust manifold issue and potentially an oil pan issue. At most I'd only keep a 318 or 360 in there for 2-3 years or so. If the 273 is able to survive long enough, I might as well just skip the small block step and go to a GEN III.

Samy, I'm going to be brutally honest here, which I know is not popular on the inter-web, but here goes. After assessing the cars progress so far, and the time it's taken on the TVS install, I'm going to say a gen 3 Hemi conversion is the last thing you should be considering. Every single part from motor mounts to headers to you name it needs to be changed in a Hemi swap. A 360 requires an oil pan and manifolds (which i have two sets laying in front of me). That's it. Or just leave the dang 273 in there and get to racin'. Anyway, I know sometimes people who ask for advice really aren't asking, and they want to do want they want to do. While you're pontificating about expensive wheels and T56s and Hemis, I'm out there with $99 Mustang Wheels, and old a833, and a 360 racing...

8332051-image.jpg (30 downloads)