Quote:

Well Samy, as you know we are building fairly similar cars for Autocross-Track day duty, and 72Swinger is right on target. What I've learned mirrors his statements:

1. Engine. A new Hemi is nice, but the swap is still expensive and labor intensive. If cost and or your time is important, a 360 is the only way to go. A stroker is even better, but I wouldn't waste time with a 273 or 318 when 360s are plentiful and cheap (my craigslist Barracuda 360 cost me $300).
2. Trans. For Autocross/Track day a manual trans is just more enjoyable. I'm using an A833 and it works, but if you are going to drive the Dart to and from the track, a 5 or 6 speed is best. Spend the $$ your saving on motor and do the T56 now.
3. Clutch/Headers. I wish I had gone hydraulic clutch, as the header options for a power steering / Zbar car are almost non-existent.
4. Steering. I have a Firm Feel stage 3 in my Barracuda, and a Borgeson in the Valiant. I love the on-center feel of the Borgeson, but the Firm Feel is much cheaper, and actually fits better with headers, because of the Borgesons off-center issue.
5. Get the Dart up, running and racing as soon as possible, you will have a blast!

This.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.