Quote:

Been trying to get my engine together and have been having a helluva time getting the pistons to drop in. Had a Proform adjustable 4-4.09 aluminum tapered ring compressor to start and got #1 in reasonably successfully and went to #2 and ruined an oil ring from the piston getting slightly cocked. These 1.5x1.5x3mm ring packs are a pita im finding out. I have discovered even with an old school band compressor that it is REALLY easy to move the oil rings where the bottom oil ring drops a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] hair and then when you go to compress the compressor it hangs up on the oil ring support rail and then you're fubar'd. Pulling my hair out a little here and have ordered a Total Seal tapered compressor for my 4.065 bore. I pulled #1 back out, thank god, and there was aluminum shavings between ring lands from that pos Proform compressor. I found a set of Mahle single ring sets that have what appear to be identical oil rings to fix #2. This sucks, the TS compressor is about 13 days out yet. Gen III Hemi build fwiw. [/quote

Sounds familiar,,with the Total Seal oil rings. I had a set from them that the oil ring expanders were too long. I was like you, pulling my hair out, thinking I was stupid, etc. I finally figured out what was going on,,of course they DENIDE any problem. They were metric rings. I ordered Mahle rings and all was fine.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.