Quote:

I have hesitated to make a comment on this post but,now Im going to to.
First, CC events. Going to 4 events will make this series stronger. Outside of rain these track have been good to CC events in years past and will be into the future. I think even though the economy is slow with much lower fuel prices this could help attendence at this years events. I would encourage all Mopar racers to support this series. The Blankenships run a fun and fair race series. I think they try hard to make sure we the racers have a good time at there events. Being a promoter is not easy so lets give these fine folks a break and give them our support.
Second, I have talked to Charlie about adding a all brand NSS race at one CC event. If this happens it would be Columbus. This is a risky proposal. Any promoter does not want to upset his current customer base but, does need to add more race cars and fan to increase the revenue stream. At St. Louis last year the event is "The NSS Nationals". It has the largest purse and more fun than should be allowed. We had 72 NSS car but only 14 Brand X cars. I thought we should have more. So I wonder if you drive a Chevy or Ford do you want to go to a Mopar event. Would you go to Super Chevy or Fun Ford Weekend if they invited you to bring your Mopar and race? Some would but alot wont.
Third as far as major changes to the rules in NSS or Max Wedge it is not going to happen. The body model and engine/carb combos are in stone. There are a ton of Max Wedge/NSS out there and also under constuction, getting them to the races is the trick. At a CC event I would not mind 64-65 legal Max Wedge body with a Hemi with in it that meets all current rules to run in MaxWedge class. With the race format different between Hemi/MaxWedge a racer might like the MaxWedge format better.
Remember support this race organizatios and sponsors. Although they love the sport they must make some money. They cannot do this without our support.
Thank you, Doug Duell

Good point Doug,the only think that erks me is the 65 max Wedge cars.You guys put on a good race.It's ashame that those brand X hide from a heavy contingent of Mopars.