Cudazappa (Gary) - The 1.24 TBs are rated at 425 lbs/in. As you know, my car was originally setup for national SCCA Solo II competition (first it was F/Stock, later E/Street Prepared.. a great fun class!)... flat smooth courses (airports, huge parking lots, etc). Progressively changing the TBs also went with changing the rear leafs, as well as the shocks... eventually changing the valving on the Konis to better match the TBs and leafs. The sway bars were also progressively changed in their diameters... fine tuning them with the different combos of end-link bushings (rubber/poly), same with the adjustability of the Koni shocks -- all to my personal satisfaction, as well as with input and track-testing (pylon events) by a few highly regarded and pro-racers. Limits were restricted by SCCA class rules.

After campaigning it for well over 20 years, fine-tuning, etc, it handles pretty good and will keep up with anything out there (and I've taken a break/hiatus sionce ~2001 ~2010). Just ask anyone who's driven or raced it. The ultimate matter depends upon having fresh soft tires, and the skill of the driver on that given day. also, pylon courses mandate the driver to memorize the course layout, and positioning of the car, etc -- a huge factor in time for any day's competition autocross results; road courses also mandate familiarization, and lapping experience is a plus!

Hi-speed road course events is what I've been doing for the past 3-4 years as time and $$ allows -- car handles great... pretty much the same setup as I've settled upon many years ago (actually, its a little heavier with minor changes). Again, limiting factors are just the tires.

Street/hwy driving with the car's stiff setup is no big deal... no cracks, broken welds, windshiled, etc... I have different rims/tires pending where/what I'm doing with the car; naturally, driving on the "street" requires avoiding pot-holes, slow-crossing over RR tracks, etc... I've said before... "street" driving doesn't count as you can't truly enjoy the car; highway driving is great and very enjoyable!... typically 1-2-3 hour (sometimes longer, even cross-country!) driving is no problem... comfort is a-ok.

In retrospect, look at the size of the Posey TA/Gurney AAR cars' TBs (and leaf springs)... I beleieve the TBs are ~1.4+" diameter... of course full roll-cages, re-welding, etc.... and where they are intended to be driven... smooth road courses.... So, the 1.24 are pretty small, on that note.

FF will make the 1.24 TBs for anyone interested, or 1.22, or 1.20 (they already offer 1.18)... and for most Mopar ppl, if they eventually choose increasing the TB size and rate, they will find them to be one of the best overall improvements... BUT, its a "package" of other mods that have to follow... leafs, shocks, sway bars... bushings, steering box/wheel, driver's seat, vehicle weight reduction, weight balancing (side-to-side). Also, I'm certain that adding SFC, and re-welding the k-frame, adding a roll-bar/cage, etc., will help for the unibody's torsional rigidity... honestly, that's one thing I've never done (again, SCCA rules restrictions/limitations in the past classes that I've run)... Some of those rules have since changed, so, I'll probably eventually add welded-in SFC), also, I may even change the setup towards other club's class rules, etc -- but always following a "rule book" so that the mods are not done foolishly with wasted $$$ (so many items items out there offered by different companies, don't fit within certain club's allowable "rules", so, be careful!). The car is rust free and has survived extremely well throughout all of its competative years... and street/hwy driving, too! Its very enjoyable to drive anywhere, anytime.

8300012-Mitch'sTA.jpg (246 downloads)
Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 10/14/14 03:02 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!