I picked up my 1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon in Virginia at the end of May and drove it back up to Massachusetts.

Since a picture is worth 1000 words, here it is shortly after I bought it:

I bought it from the 2nd owner with 95k on the clock and I've put about 2000 miles on it since I bought it.

I have spent a fair amount of time working on the interior and sorting out the little problems it had like bad battery cables, a leaking valve cover, etc.

Now in putting 2000 miles on the car, I can definitely say that despite its original 1969 front swaybar, it handles poorly. It rides alright, but handling is not its strong point. It also has awful stance - the front end looks higher than the rear from most angles.

One big reason for this is that everything in the suspension appears to be original. Every bushing you can see is crumbly and worn. The shocks are all covered in surface rust and look like they could even be original.

I am looking to spend around $500 to $1000 this year on handling bits, and I wanted opinions on what to do with that money.
Next year will bring more money, but based on what I have spent so far on the car, I can't go too crazy. Saving the money for a future upgrade is certainly an option.

Eventually, if I get that far with this car, I'd like to put a Hotchkis TVS underneath it. But obviously I can't start with that with my budget. I know that this car will never be the perfect autocross car, and I don't expect it to be - but I would like to carve corners in it as best as I can.

Goals for money spent are simply to:
1) Improve handling and perhaps improve ride to overall improve my enjoyment of driving the car.
2) Improve stance.

I'm considering replacing the 14'' wheels and tires with a set of 18x8s, rebuild kits for the front end or a set of Hotchkis single adjustable Fox shocks, but those obviously are not my only options.

I know, I'm asking other people to spend my money, but I just want some opinions on where to start and how to spend it in the best way that will make a difference. I don't want to start spending money unless it will have results or if it will turn out to be a waste because I'll replace those components later.
I'd like to start with what will give me good results in the end, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your help! I know this is a matter of opinion...

1969 Satellite Wagon - G3 Hemi Swap Incoming. | 1969 Coronet Post Coupe.
2002 Intrepid ES | 2009 Ram SLT | 2004 300M Special | 2002 300M Pro Am - Hers

Are you a New England Mopar Enthusiast?
Come check out the revived NorthEast Mighty Mopar at www.northeastmightymopar.com
!