Quote:

Wow that's one sweet wagon! When it comes time for me to start a family I would rather have one of these instead of an SUV. Sucks it doesn't have modern safety features, airbags etc. though...

Personally I would just save up the coin for Hotchkis stuff and not bother with anything else. Their stuff is nice and well worth it

Yeah I don't have a family, I'm just an engaged man with a thing for wagons and B Bodies.
Eventually I might have a family, but for now the wagon is one member of our family - even my fiancee agrees. (She convinced me to buy it, and yes, before I asked her to marry me!)

I appreciate the advice. Continuing to save for a TVS kit is certainly up there on my list of options.

Quote:

To make it a good driver I would slam a front suspension kit under it, add a rear sway bar, and follow through with a good set of shocks.
That will fit in your budget and make a very nice improvement.

You may be able to add a leaf to the spring pack in order to raise the rear a bit. A new set of springs would do the trick but may not fit into you budget after taking care of the front end.

It's entirely possible that you will undo some of these things with later upgrades. However, your priority should be on making the car save and enjoyable. Without those two things the car stands the chance of falling out of favor.

These things will get you back on the road and give you the chance to enjoy the car while saving for future upgrades.

Thanks for the tips.
I've been hemming and hawing over the front suspension kit for it - PST throws together so many parts for what seems like a pretty decent price and at least then I'd be all set with that stuff, but then again, there's the chance of having to swap it all out again that I don't look forward to...

As for shocks, I'm thinking the Hotchkis/Fox non-adjustables, but that eats up a big part of my budget and is only one item.

Also, there's little to no danger of the car falling out of favor with me - I only have one classic car in drivable condition right now and its this one, so I drive it as much as I can - hence 2000 miles since May.

Quote:

That thing is too cool. I've been trying to get my wife to buy off on that exact same project! I'd love to take everything from my Road Runner and transplant it over to the wagon. I know it sounds like a bad sales pitch, but if the whole suspension is shot bushing wise, you may want to just start replacing the most worn out components with our stuff. Rationalization is this: the amount of money you'll spend re conditioning the stock stuff would put to well on your way to the kit. If you jest start finding the worst off components and start swapping them as they fail, you can slowly evolve the car over a year or two. I've done this with a few customer cars. They race it, break something or wipe out a bushing and we replace it with good stuff. Also of note, we did custom rear springs for the Taxi, so when you get ready to do that, make sure you give us a call and we can help you out. Really looking forward to the progress on this project! 400rwhp 383 with a TKO, Our TVS and some good brakes, and You'll have a sweet family hauler!

Ha, I'm glad you like it, Dan. Your Roadrunner has always been one of my favorite cars of all time and seeing that big B handle has been inspiring to say the least. I'd love to make the wagon do half of what your Roadrunner does.

I hear you, and I'd like to use Hotchkis components on the project entirely if I could. My problem is - where do I start?
Do I leave it alone for now and keep driving it until I can afford to buy the entire TVS and do it that way? Do I start with the greaseable pivot shaft kit since I know the control arm bushings are toast? Do I piecemeal the TVS components as I can afford them instead? (This honestly seems like a waste to me as I will likely have scrimped enough next year for the TVS kit.)

I'll keep that in mind as to rear springs - I knew you guys had to have done something specific to the rear springs in the Taxi to get it to handle like that.

1969 Satellite Wagon - G3 Hemi Swap Incoming. | 1969 Coronet Post Coupe.
2002 Intrepid ES | 2009 Ram SLT | 2004 300M Special | 2002 300M Pro Am - Hers

Are you a New England Mopar Enthusiast?
Come check out the revived NorthEast Mighty Mopar at www.northeastmightymopar.com
!