OK, I guess I can say I made some progress since I got it running and 'idling'. Can't say where it was idling at, my tach is not hooked up but it was over 1,000 rpm for sure.

I did what Mr. P said with the timing and it seemed to help get it started. While it was running, it was @ 14 on the damper.

Got a new set of Champion RC9YCs because I didn't think they were fouling because of heat range.

So once it was running, I realized that it was REALLY lean, like piston melting lean. My A/F gauge was reading 13 and when I snapped the throttle it went to 15-16. Temp never got too high and I shut it off after a little while. I could feel it running hot.

In addition, I am still having a hard time getting it to start consistently though and when it doesn't fire, it fouls the plugs.

I went and got 3.5 PV. That was in it while it was running. I thought it might have been contributing to the lean condition so I put a 4.5 afterwards but I didn't get it running again due to plug fouling.

Seems like adjusting the throttle plates had the most affect on starting the car and getting it running. I was still popping a little but not as bad as the other day. Probably cause it's lean when running?

Man, I am lost with this, shouldn't be this hard.
Hope you guys can provide a little more guidance.

Here's a pic of the plug after it ran.

8082239-IMG_0122(2).JPG (133 downloads)

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500