Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If it is really what the owner claims, wow it is nice to see a cool survivor like that. Too bad it's one of the ugliest generations of camaro ever produced. I can appreciate the car for the nice, minty survivor that it is, but if I ever came into possession of it, well you could throw a fin on my back and call me flipper!

In my opinion this 70 LT-1 Z-28 was the very best car built in 1970. It was killer fast, and the 350 370HP was high reving and quick. I remember this car specifically growing up, and even then I was a Mopar fan but we had nothing in the lineup in my opinion that could touch it. The 440 six pack cars put out close enough power, but the LT-1 350 was much quicker the first 500ft. Geared with a 3:73 this was the first of a new generation of small block chevys. Anyone who thought or thinks that the small block Mopars could touch it was and is simply dreaming. Dont get me wrong, I had two small block Mopars but this 70 Z car was a screamer.

As cool as a minty survivor like that is, I can say without a doubt I would not want to own one like that, no matter what make/model. I would feel scared/guilty driving it, then it would be pointless for me to own. Better to be in some museum or some rich guy's collection.

I would feel the same way as you do if I owned such a low mileage survivor, but i completely disagree about the car being ugly; I think the '70 1/2 RS Z/28 is the best looking Camaro ever built and I'd love to have one. The only F-body I'd prefer to that one would be a 1970 1/2 - 1973 Pontiac Trans Am.

....I dig the color too.

Dave

I also agree...

And if you ever get a chance to actually drive a F body of that generation, you would be amazed at how good they really are. They brake and handle way better than the competition from Ford or Chrysler at that time. Also, if you haven't heard a solid lifter LT1 with 4.11 or 4.56 gears at 7,000 RPM. well, you haven't lived ....

MB