Quote:

Great story but as always the naysayers have struck

Quote:

I don't want to get hung up in the coming storm but that engine compartment does look pretty bad for only 1100 miles of use and then storage in a climate controlled area.

It is a really nice car though, no two ways about it.

I see you have become an expert on what an unrestored engine compartment is supposed to look like after sitting in a garage for so many years...It's comments like this that make me never want to post anything let alone share something significantly cool and truly rare...

(Sigh) Oh to be able to make a comment, just a simple comment, and not have it misinterpreted by every "expert" on this board. I just think that the water pump on an engine with 1100 miles should still have engine paint on it, not 100% rust, and the block should look fairly fresh, not greasy, oily, and discolored. I don't know, maybe the first 1100 miles were hard miles, hell, I don't know. What I do know is the engine in my '72 W200 after 80,000 miles looks better.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".