Quote:

careful doing that...the slave on my Dakota seems to have a spring in it that keeps it extended snug up against the fork. must be to keep it engaged with the fork so it doesn't fall off? when not installed and hanging free, it would fully extend by itself, and then if you stroke the clutch pedal, it would push the cup and pushrod out the end of the slave.

correct. same with mine, the 2 plastic lock ties hold the rod/piston compressed in the cyl.

you un-hook the ties and let the spring push the piston out to the end off bore to open the hydro line or bleed system. you push the rod back in a couple strokes to remove air then re-hook lock ties and install back into fork/bell,

I just changed the clutch in my sons 94 ram, the disc eat into the flywheel and gave a no clutch issue.

the disc groove in the flywheel was 3/4 the thickness of the disc itself so the PP could not hold the disc from slipping, pedel at the top of stroke to release...till it would not move at all for the no clutch problem.

surprised to see disc/PP still in a burnt but fair shape looking but flywheel with a deep groove worn in it.

I am thinking the clutch was replaced on a burnt/worn flywheel and then it just killed it in the short time my son drove it.

sucks to have the rod drop in the bell, you have to remove bell from engine to remove rod...the very reason for the plastic lock ties.

I have seen the plastic tip on the rod broken and the metal rod wear a hole thru the fork cup also for no worky clutch.