Quote:

I still think a 2:05-2:08 is possible on these tires as the car sits, I just need to get my driving there. My instructor wants me driving at 60%, and braking twice as early as I think I need to. I need to get more consistent with carrying speed into corners and becoming more consistent with hitting reference points. Once I get those two things down, then we can start working on braking zones and squeezing the last few seconds out of the car. All that said, the car performed very well and did everything I asked, and we were faster than everyone in the group but the Superleggera.

Sounds like you are going in too hot. That will cause more roll too. And cause more tire wear.

What is the "green group" ?

Quote:

The solid sway bar end links worked great. The car had less roll, and I believe the tires had less edge wear from the lost camber, though we're still getting additional outside wear on these tires. I'm also starting to wonder if that's just an aspect that comes with this dual compound tire, as the outside is 'softer' than the inside. I flipped one set inside out, so I'll measure that set and see how it wore when put in the front for the last 3 sessions.

Be carefull not to get all tied up in fine details trying tune to your current experience and driving style. Those will change, and your setup needs will change too.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 01/28/14 02:23 AM.