Quote:

Just throwing this question out there?
Is there a definite advantage of a lets say 500 hp Gen III EFI Hemi vs. an old school 500 hp EFI small block?

Don't get me wrong, I was planning to get the Mopar All Aluminum Gen III crate engine and drop that in my car
but when I found out about the Ritter Aluminum small block I figured it would be an easier and less expensive route to go to.

My reasoning is that I already have the Edelbrock heads, headers, transmission placement, blah blah blah, etc..
Besides buying a forged crank, rods and pistons, I basically just have to swap out my current cast iron block with an aluminum one and add a FAST EFI kit that I already have.

I figure that it would still be less than the $14k for the 515hp P5156159 crate engine
http://www.jegs.com/p/Mopar-Performance/Mopar-Gen-III-426-Hemi-Crate-Engine/1710917/10002/-1

Am I missing something here? I know basically nothing about Gen III engines
thanks

I'm running the 6.4 because it's cheap. 500+ hp for $6,000 with OEM reliability. Can't beat that and you can't get that with a LA motor. If you want more power, it will take it no problem. Drop in some forged slugs (Mahle direct drop in) and slap a blower on the thing and it's making 650 all day.

The harnesses are getting easier. Trans stuff bolts right up. Flywheel is cheap. For some reason the headers just suck.

My 2" did end up fitting with custom mounts and the engine being raised 1/2". Not what I wanted, but that's what I got with off the shelf headers. Using a manual box with an electric steering column, so extra room with the box.

There is some minor massaging required, but nothing major.