Quote:

Just throwing this question out there?
Is there a definite advantage of a lets say 500 hp Gen III EFI Hemi vs. an old school 500 hp EFI small block?

Don't get me wrong, I was planning to get the Mopar All Aluminum Gen III crate engine and drop that in my car
but when I found out about the Ritter Aluminum small block I figured it would be an easier and less expensive route to go to.

My reasoning is that I already have the Edelbrock heads, headers, transmission placement, blah blah blah, etc..
Besides buying a forged crank, rods and pistons, I basically just have to swap out my current cast iron block with an aluminum one and add a FAST EFI kit that I already have.

I figure that it would still be less than the $14k for the 515hp P5156159 crate engine
http://www.jegs.com/p/Mopar-Performance/Mopar-Gen-III-426-Hemi-Crate-Engine/1710917/10002/-1

Am I missing something here? I know basically nothing about Gen III engines
thanks

There is no huge advantage at 500hp other than maybe fuel mileage. I wanted in the 600+ range and I think there on up it starts to shine price wise and still using a hydraulic roller with 0 maintenance.

Mopar to the bone!!!