Quote:

Ok, without getting in a pissing match with everybody on here, about he said, she said, which is now what has happened, here is what I would say is the problem. The linkage on the Edelbrock web site is different than what Mancini sells, so it would be kind of hard to figure out. Now the picture on Mancinis web site is WRONG, I told them it was wrong a year or so ago. They will email that same picture to people to see how this goes together,and they themselves don't know how it is supposed to work. Now since they haven't changed it, that tells me they don't give a sh*t. I had the same problems myself cause the service manual is not like this.The OE setup is different. We are dealing with trying to adapt Chevy parts to a Mopar application.Ok, now about the people trying to help the OP, and all of this back, and forth pain and anguish could have been avoided in if he would just have picked up the phone, and called me,like I asked, cause I have already pulled my hair over this same thing.

Thanks everyone for your support..... Anthony, you nailed it on the head concerning adapting Chevy parts for a Mopar application. Sorry I didn't call you prior to the pissing match. Most time when I reply to these threads I'm at work and can type a thing or two, but not free to start calling people. By the time I get home, my mind is focused on the kids or evening happenings........ I did contact Edelbrock and Mancini, and neither had the information I needed nor cared to find out for me ( needless to say rather unprofessional )............

Case is closed because I'm getting the carbs from Scott and being done with it. I wish I would have known he did this before this.. But, it is what it is........

Thank you Russ, Anthony, Rick, Dustin ( did you ever get more contacts on the system when you had it for sale?, don't want the carbs now. ) and Robert.......

With ya'll's encouragement, I was able to figure it out..... I believe I have the progressive rod adjusted such that both are wide-open throttle simultaneously.

7932793-carbs_Nov22a.jpg (177 downloads)
Last edited by hemi68charger; 11/22/13 03:29 PM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)