Quote:

Quote:

I found it fairly easy to modify a set of Hooker 5204 headers to fit the Poly-headed 360 in my Dart Sport. On cyls 1,5,4 and 8 it wa

With your build, how come you went with Poly heads? What kind of power did you end up making? Also if I remember right, can't 318 Poly blocks take a fairly substantial overbore (.100" range)?

Power is unknown but it did run a 13.40 at around 102. My book says a '74 Dart Sport should weigh around 3350lbs. Add a driver and subtract for the '73 rear bumper and Dart Lite hood and decklid and I figure it should weigh around 3400lbs. The problem is the small cam that was intended for the original project. You can't expect much with 222@.050" and 0.435" advertised lift (>0.400 net!). That and the fact that I'm a total newbie when it comes to running a stick at the dragstrip. The A833 OD is effectively a 3-speed in the 1/4-mile which helps me a little.
I bought an ultrasonic tester and have probed some blocks and have NOT seen a pre-1970 block that impressed me. The 319P blocks I've tested were just as bad as most '60's blocks both in terms of average cylinder thickness and variance. Nothing special there.