Quote:

I don't think the fuel pump is the problem. Even at 2# you have enough fuel to keep the bowls full on the street. Drive it until it get's really hot and I bet you don't have 10# of fuel pressure without a regulator. I'm saying the pump is good without a regulator because it won't be putting out 10# when it's hot.

What kind plug wires you running? This is a hemi? right? You sure the plugs are fresh and good?

Got to run really good plug wires on a hemi, especially with a hot MSD ignition. They like to arc through the boots on a hemi. Tune up needs to be "on" at high RPMs and it put's heavy load on the ignition. I think that's where your problem lies. Just as long as your sure the lash is right. or pre load. 2 different things.

And I don't think your valves are floating at 4500 rpms or even 5000 rpms. I think that's when you said it starts breaking up.

never thought about waiting to check the pressure hot. i'll look at that.

it did seem very, very strange to me that if the pump really was putting out 10 psi, then it wasn't flooding all the time, as sensitive as the edelbrocks are to fuel pressure.

i'm running the firecore wires. they have worked very well for me in the past, i'm assuming they are doing their job.

plugs have been in there since i fired the engine up, about 1200 miles ago... worth a shot.

NGK BPES6, i believe.