Quote:

It looks like your working on a SB motor, yes? Next thing is to figure out if the motor was a externally balanced cast iron crankshaft motor originally or not What crankshaft dampener is on it now? Post a picture of the front of the motor with the pulleys and dampener so we can see them from the front

Cab this is from earlier in my post I can get a pic this evening if needed but:

The motor is a 9-9-68 casting 340 with the early (thinner) dampener which I already swapped with another one I had of a 70 motor, the converter doesn't have any weights welded onto the flat spots on the motor side. I thought this was all correct maybe I'm wrong? It's a 727, and it vibrates in park, neutral, and all forward/reverse gears. Timing is set at 28 or 30 flat with no vacuum advance, electronic conversion Evan's harness and MP dist, orange box.

Thanks again for all of the great feedback, I'm happy to hear the washers and what not don't look ok. I'm well on my way to getting the tranny out, and it should be out by the weekend. It's not the ideal setup by any means the car is on jack stands and I'm laying on the garage floor. Makes sense it's not the stock converter the car doesn't engage like a newer daily driver when you put it in drive, and the neighbors love when I pull it in the garage at 10pm.