Quote:

It is worth remembering that
the lower horsepower consumed by an electric fan at full throttle
can not last more than a minute or so,
beause the engine will overheat.

Explain this please. If your car is at full throttle most likely it's moving quite quickly, then the radiator is doing most of the cooling and not the fan as it's not needed to get airflow.

A clutch fan would be slipping at higher RPM's anyways..so how's this different than an electric fan?

I can see if you were going up a steep mountain with a large load in first gear moving slowly at high rev's where the additional air flow potential of a mechanical fan would be useful. How many here are towing large loads up mountains in Death Valley with their classic Mopars here? Even so, if that were a concern, you can install bigger electric fans to deal with these extreme circumstances.

I'm not advocating one is better than the other here...I see pros and cons to each. I just object to people who spread misinformation like "you won't be able to effectively cool your engine with electric fans...just go clutch".

IDK...maybe I'm just the one lucky SOB here who has an engine that cools just fine with electric fans?