Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys, that gives me enough info to stay with a clutch type fan. Now all I need is a shroud that will fit.

The shroud is what will make a huge difference in the effectiveness of any cooling solution so get one that covers the entire radiator tightly. This is what will force the air through the radiator and not allow it to circumvent it.

Nothing wrong with a mechanical fan but I am not sure why everyone here has so many issues with electric fans. If you spend the money to get a good set and install them correctly, no reason hey won't cool just fine. There was a thread on this and they found around an average 20hp loss (@ higher RPM) with a mechanical fan vs. electric. Not huge but I wouldn't say negligible either. However, making sure the charging system is up to the task is critical or you are creating new problems.

FWIW I have dual 11" pullers on my Summit aluminum radiator and it keeps my 499 stroker cool (< 195*) on a 95* day, in traffic, with A/C on.

I am not trying to change your mind here but this "electric fans won't cool enough" is bogus. If that was the case, then modern day cars would still be running mechanical fans.

LOLOLOLOL but but your not staying with the herd, cull and send him off to slaughter LOL. So true.

1973 Charger, former SE, former auto

I'm not trying to be difficult, it comes naturally....