Quote:

Quote:

And yes the race was called to early. Even though it looked bad the decision should not have been made until the last possible chance of it clearing up and getting the track ready for racing. If it would take 2 hours to dry the track then the decision should have been made later in the day and still leave time to finish the race. Maybe a good guess would have been by 5:00pm and if possible dry the track and be racing by 7:00pm and could be finished by midnight I just suggest that there should be a time allotment made for each track depending on dry up time required and time left to finish the race.

See ya all at Norwalk

Russ

Let's just clear this up now. Saturday morning the track crew was having a very difficult time getting the top end of the track dry because water kept pushing up through it. They wanted me to make Saturday an 1/8 mile race which I was not willing to do.

Then it started raining for real, and it was still raining at 3pm. With the heavy cloud cover, cool temps, and no wind, it was going to take 3 hours to have the track ready. At that point we could not have gotten the race done by the midnight curfew. Cancelling the Saturday race sucks for us too, but it was the right call.

1/8 mile would have been better than sitting for hours in our trailers.Who are "they" and did you make this decision on your own?
For what ever it's worth it doesn't matter since this race is in the history books and nothing will change.Someone needs to clarify what is being done for the racers that want to know if they have anything due them.A simple answer like here's what we will do or no we are not doing anything.Like I said,no answer sends the wrong message.We openly stated our take on the situation but we don't speak for those who still have questions and want an answer.To be respectful "They" should respond,sooner than later would be best.To drag it out is only pissing some people off.We are all big boys and can handle the answer(good or bad) so we can move on.