Quote:

Quote:

Those are the heavy-duty Hurst linkages for race shifters, I have been looking for a set of those for a while now! Let me know if you want to trade for a factory set!

Rhino, this statement above?

I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I was supposed to understand by the above reply that these were Hemi Dart rods? Anything beyond the stock rods seem to be considered "heavy duty". That and the fact that you seem to know that there was a one-off plate for these rods was not mentioned until lately. Oh well.

Before I do anything else to these rods, *are* these original Hemi Dart rods or are they after market? I understand that since they are Hurst they are technically after market and not original Chrysler. I just want to understand their value. <jab>Probably a little more than the stock ones you wanted to trade me for?</jab>

John, yeah, I agree. I've barely messed with them. Over the years, it is hard to say if these were every tweaked before or not. Either way, 30 seconds and they are back to where there were. What I have done so far will only help with the new plate when comparing the mounting position against the one I have.

Brewers said I would have the plate today. I just want to drive this car...

Thanks guys.

Sorry about being cryptic, I forgot half the stuff I used to know 10 years ago! It seems that the plate you just got resembles the Hemi Dart plate, I will have to get out the guide to check it for sure. The rods you have are aftermarket Hurst and were designed for the Hemi Dart and other race applications. There are heavy-duty rods for each Mopar trans and what you have are the A-Body rods. I sold a set of E-Body rods like yours for $125.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!