Quote:

I was looking at our oil pump and seen that it was a hv pump. I don't know if the 7 qt pan is enough for such a pump? We did have alittle to much oil get up top into the heat cross over in the w-2 heads though.

You lost me??? Too much oil in the W2s and oil getting into the heat cross over???

Here you seam to need things broke down so.
Oil is always good.Thats a given!! More oil is good. No oil in the pan is bad. Too much oil is bad and may cost HP.Oil pressure is good. To much oil pressure is bad and may cost HP. Alot of oil flowing threw the motor is good. Too much oil in certain places such as the heads is bad and wasted. Now the type of oil. Some people say light weight and then others say heavy weight. A topic that will be beat again and again. Anouther topic. Crude oil vrs synthetic oil will be beat on for ever. Then the differant brands of oil. My god there are people that will buy 10 dollars a quart oil just because its made by Brad Penn??Oil filter is good. Use a good after market filter that will clean the oil and allow flow. A oil filter will not save a motor that has no oil in it or oil pressure.Plus it will stop big chucks of debree from bearing. But most times way to late.
LETS SUM UP. Oil no mater what brand is good to use in a motor. Commoun sense tells you if you have a six or seven quart pan you put that amount in and 1 more for the oil filter. If you have a oil pump that was on anouther motor and that said motor had issues do not use that pump.Buy a pump that will give you oil pressure and pushs oil threw the motor. Simple

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL