Being new to the "Mopar world" a few years ago.. I built my first hard core r/b engine. I had heard of the block problems, As I had done a few mild builds in the past. This engine I`m speaking of was gonna make some big #`s. W/ that in mind, I set off to think of what I should do to help deal w/ this problem... I had been working on imports for some time and seen how they would tie the mains together, Also seeing the systems that were already out there for the S/B Chevys and Fords, Even though its a different design block. Not knowing anything about "old" hard core mopar guys, In the past making anything like a main girdle plate(How true this is, I dont know).. The next logical thought I had was, I GOTTA make something to tie this week block together and get the main caps and block from poping!!
So, without any "outside" help, I designed the plate system.. You know, Thats the one that EVERYONE talks about now!!! From what I gather, nobody was really thinking about it much, until I started selling them on ebay a few years ago.. At that time I didnt pay ANY attention to the Mopar web site, I just got outside info from people who did, And they said your main girdle system is being talked about on the forums.. Next thing I know is, Everybody and there mother said, "Look at this great idea I had.. This is the ticket!! YOU NEED A MAIN GIRDLE PLATE!!
Its great that an "old" Chevy guy, Could be such a help to u guys!!
Really, I work on them ALL! I do not like putting blinders on and only working on one brand of engine.. I think by being SO closed minded, To think that there is nothing else out there but MOPAR,just hurts your ability as an engine builder.. I`m not degrading the abilitys of Mopars to run.. I have been VERY impressed w/ the ones I have built!!! Look at my little pump gasser! Out of the box, With nothing more than a stock cranked 446, W/ no tune and a 1.48 60ft... 9.75 @ 140mph!
Let the bashing begin!!