Quote:

don't take this the wrong way because 900+ HP is nothing to sneer at if it continues to work, but do you feel it would work as well in a heavy car situation as well as it does in a light chassis like a dragster.

Not at all, there's a major difference in stresses implied by a heavier car, and I think that's in part why he's been able to get away with using stock caps at that HP level.
Edit: one thing that is yet to be determined; is the stud girdle easily handling the 935hp stock cap combo in a light dragster or is it at the ragged edge of its limits. I guess we'll determine that once I find a 935hp stock main cap engine in a 3800# drag car to test with.
Quote:

has that motor your referring to been torn down yet to see the effectiveness at reducing walk and or bounce of the caps?

Not yet that I'm aware of , but I'll inquire and post back with pics if I can get 'em.
Quote:

i'll be doing a mild RB 511 combo for my own car this year if you want to donate a girdle for testing , LOL. it likely won't be much over 700HP though. thats about all i'd want in a street pumpgas combo.

I think you'd be a very impartial test subject maybe I'll take you up on that
Quote:

people just refuse to belive for the most part is that soft chinese forgings actually aggravate the cap bounce issue due to all the flexing that goes on. it causes a multitude of other problems as well.

They were Exxxx cranks that broke..
Mike

Last edited by CRE2004; 12/14/04 08:39 AM.