I was going to run the .590 but since I run 10.6 comp I called Dwayne Porter and had him spec a cam for my combo. It is actually close to the .590 but the valve timing plays an important part of it with cylinder pressure as the intake valve closing has alot to do with how much cylinder pressure it builds. And cylinder pressure has alot to do with running on pump gas. I feel I know alot about cams but I dont know what Dwayne Porter knows as he is very good and it seems every car I have seen with one of his cams runs better then I thought it should so thats one of the reasons I went with his cam. He is a pro and does this every day. His prices are very good and I wanted a custom cam speced for my combo. If you would decide to have a custom ground cam and wanted to talk with Dwayne just let me know as I have his phone #. Just an option you might consider to get the most out of your combo. There are many smart people on here but guys like Dwayne do it for a living every day and are pro's at specing a cam to a combo. Also if you do go with a solid flat tappet which I did have it nitrided as Dwanye suggested and did that to mine and also told me to run the EDM lifters which have a tiny hole on the lifter face that puts oil right on the cam lobe. Nothing wrong with the 950 carb as I only use an 850 right now. The 1-7/8 headers will do the job for you. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 12/20/12 04:36 AM.