Quote:

Hi guys. I haven't posted here in a while. I have a '72 cuda. So far I have put a 4.10 dana in place and 440 drivetrain. I plan to use alot of what I already have which is a fresh 440 crank, and source heads.
I am thinking some 0 deck flat tops for pump gas, have the source heads fully ported, and run a solid or solid roller. Also an at with 3500-4k stall.
I do plan to run fiberglass hood and bumpers but otherwise full body and interior (3400 pounds?)
With this stuff listed is 10.90s possible? HOw would you do it or what would you change?

Not likely on pump gas...We always did it with 12.5:1 and a 1050 carb 440 +.03. You need +600hp. You will need to get the heads as good as you can. The convertor and cam will be critical in achieving your goal. Get the heads done first, then get the convertor and then the cam. Get the car on a diet if you can. Not easy to do, and that is why you see the need for the strokers.

Honestly, I would go with EZ1 heads with the 2.19 valves and at least a 9" 4800 convertor and as much compression as you can tolerate. A stroker with the same combo will net you low 10's...And depending on your tire, a 4.56 gear will really help and is almost required. I just switched out 4.10's in my Dana for 4.56, and what a difference. You going to need to watch the details, but it can be done, but it will take a little sorting out.

Either that, or throw away the 440 and install a Hemi. They make a heavy car run...We got 11.0's out of a 3800lb B body in street trim on pump gas! Drive it to work any day you want...

Here is my E-body off the trailer running a 6.90 with a 1.56 60ft on pump..Then I burnt a rod bearing. Good for 10.90's no problem, with a Hemi.

Last edited by Dragula; 12/18/12 10:06 AM.