Quote:

Quote:

I just had someone apply for the machinists position opening a couple days ago. On his application he noted his expected salary of 38.00 dollars an hour plus benefits. This happens to be a person with less than 3 years experience in this field.

Holy crap, I'd move down there if you're paying anywhere close to that! I have 6 years of auto machine experience.

Chip, I know the last two places he worked at and i know for a fact his pay was not over 14.00 an hour in either shop. He could've come in and made "alittle" better money to start and been in a nicer environment with up to date equipment, (something he knew very little about by the way) but he already had the attitude that if i didn't hire him i must be an idiot. Hmmm, I don't think i'm an idiot, nor do i think i'll hire a guy with that kind of attitude anyway. Hey, I meant to ask you; did you get that box i sent out in time?

As far as the offshore vs. USA made stuff, we sell both and i see the need for both in this hobby, especially in our current economic climate. I hope we can put some Americans back to work in manufacturing to make our choices an easier decision.

machine shop owner and engine builder