Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You will get many responses to this one--But I bet very few will be honest. In most cases--ALL that matters to the customer is the price$$$$---Until they have problems that is. J.Rob

I can honestly say cost had zero influence on where I took my last build, in fact I chose one of the more expensive options, for other reasons of course.

REPUTATION, quality of equipment, the facility looks more like a doctors office than a machine shop, word of mouth, experience, speed. Lots of factors went into the decision.

You guys are the exception--NOT the rule. J.Rob

I have to agree , especially reading posts on the internet from those asking how much it costs to build an engine from people living AROUND THE WORLD and the to a certian parts supplier ... COST is the #1 factor , more important than quality.

I'm going thru this now, the shop i used for decades, and to a lesser degree, the new one I switched to haven't been giving me the warm and fuzzies for my race oriented builds to the point I ship my stuff almost 2000 miles one way now to get machined and almost 200 miles one way for cylinder head work.