Quote:

Quote:

I think you're being a little naive; it isn't as easy to "get them right" as you think. There are codes that are used in some plants and not in others, different fonts, options not available on a specific car or combined with other options, options that were available only after (or before) a certain date, VON's and Sequence numbers that need to be in the correct range for a certain VIN, etc. etc. etc.

First of all I am not naive in all of the points you made. I also know that there are many who will die holding this information dear to their heart, so they can ensure that no one else can fool them while they are alive. Unfortunately, the majority of people do not know the intricacies of said information, and not knowing what to look for does them little good when they really need it. It's a Catch-22.

I'll still have my precious, slightly rusty tag repo'd to put under the hood, and have one made for another car off its broadcast sheet. I doubt that 99.4% of those that look at it would know the difference anyway.

Anyone that uses a piece of tin to soley justify the tripling of the price on a vehicle is really a fool.

Grant

Well you may not be but your point was.

Anyhow, I agree; it is a bit of a catch 22. And for the record, I personally don't have a problem with a tag reproduced from an original. One made from a BS is a little sketchier since there may be some stuff (like Lynch Rd. gate and line sequence numbers for ex.) that a BS won't have so you will have to guess...plus you would need to address the other issues like which options to show, etc.

I guess I wouldn't blame someone for making a repro tag from a BS, but I don't think I would do it for one of my own cars because it casts a bit of a question mark on the car and the authenticity of the rest of the documentation.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]