Repop tags suck and there are many ways to spot them, and yes places will make them with a simple note book paper filled with options and a like tag for code placement. Thats how mine came to be...from the previous owner.

Its a sad day when one gets a repop tag for a car 99.9% wouldnt do. I did because I simply asked if the car had a FT and was told yes. Didnt think to ask if it was fake.

Besides code placement, ect....alot of the tags can be spotted by the blank alone and many fakes show shadows fromt the stamping of the codes to the sheer used to cut the tag, crap stock and a simple sheer will leave the end turned down a hair and makes a shadow and even the codes where stamped show that on the back of the tag it was done in two rows at a time for six rows.

Many have trouble getting the ribbed lip on the top and bottom right, let alone spaced the proper distance apart.

If you have 5 like tags from the same plant all blasted and in good shape on a gem scale they are very close a repop not done on a mopar core would a good bit off.

The thin tags are super easy to spot, the ones on a mopar core tag are still semi easy...and this is just some obvious stuff in addition to the botched codes, placement, and options during that time of build....

7169655-DSC08772.JPG (109 downloads)