Quote:

I'll start cheapest to most expensive...lol
fuel pressure up, clean all the grounds, check wires, check cap-rotor, Install the MSD go for a blast. If it still falls apart, I'll check the springs.
The gas SHOULD be good. I added stablizer last year, and have driven it a lot over the winter. It had 10 gallons of new 93 in it...Unless that gas was older (sitting in the ground for a while).

On the ignition, hard wire it on its' own circuit with all new wire. Solder all connections. Use a separate on off switch. Why? There are gremlins in those old Mopar wiring circuits that can cause problems when a load is placed on them. Sounds to me like resistance in the power circuit to the ignition went up as it got warmer during the run. Or, SOMETHING in the ignition went south as it got heated during the run. Fuel pressure need never be over 7.5 PSI on holley fuel bowls running gas. I have had Tunnelrams show no problems at only 3 psi because that is all it took to pump enough gas through four float bowls to make 650 hp (and keep the bowls reasonably full)on gas. The instant I went to a single dominator, the two bowls needed the extra pressure to keep up. Then 7 psi was needed, and sufficient.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky