Quote:

Quote:

smr transmissions did a comparison on a small block dodge dakota between a 727 and a 518. Lost a full second e.t. with the 518. Same truck, engine, rear and track.

I'm sure a company that specializes in 727 and 904 AND sells the gear vendors units is absolutely unbiased.

Where's the data? Specs on the transmission builds? Was this a bone stock w/ stock converter 518 left in drive versus a 727, converted to roller internals with an aftermarket converter, valve body and shifted manually?

Take a stock unrebuilt 727, stock unrebuilt non-lockup 518(so you can put the same converter on both) and actually rebuild both transmissions COMPARABLY. Then run then down the track 10 times each and get back to me. Until someone does that, everything is heresay and myth.

yeah, I'm calling shenanigans on this claim, too...especially when a mid-late 90's dak with a 318 and a few bolt on's is a high 13 second ride....I can't see swapping from a 518 to a 727 or 904 getting it into the 12's.

granted my 5th ave is a mild build, at the time a XE262,header, and RPM air gap equipped 360 long block, but I saw no appreciable difference going to a 904 with a MP166K converter and B&M trans pack shift kit to a A500 with the same converter and trans go TFOD shift kit.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)