Quote:

A500 all the way....

1) A500/42RH has the low first/2nd vs. an older 904 (2.74/1.54 vs. 2.45/1.45)

2) A500/42RH has a lockup torque converter to help drop cruise RPM

3) A500/42RH has a .69 OD ratio vs. .78

4) newer 42RH's have an improved converter hub design that is much less likely to crack (and that I'd recommend looking for)

IIRC on later B's, with some trimming of the ribs on the OD tail section, there is no floor pan/tbar crossmember cutting required, but you'll have to make your own lower bolt on mount/crossmember

The improved hub was never used on the 42RH, they did not make the switch till way into the 42RE and 44RE production. You can swap that front pump and drums together into the older trans for a nice upgrade but that requires 2 core trans.

The GV will barely make a differance in cruise RPM with a non-lock up 904 as the converter will be slipping more with the increased load and lower RPM and will NET less of an improvement. Go with the a-500.

$2000 is REDICULOUS, I don't charge any where close to that much for one built from scratch and installed. I could build and ship you one for a lot less than that, PM me for more info.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!