So the GV needs NO fabrication to fit?

You can't tell me the GV will fit with no mods to the floor pan, it is much fatter than a driveshaft.

Patrick is right on about the my " ALMOST useless extra gear" comment so I won't explain it again.

The GM tranny does not just "bolt right in". How you gonna bolt in your starter? How you gonna hook up the kick-down cable to your carb? How you gonna bolt it to your mount? How you gonna bolt it to your drive shaft? I doubt it will turn out the exact same length, gonna have to shorten or lengthen the drive shaft, what about u-joints? Can you get one that adapts to a mopar drive shaft with a GM spline? I am not saying the GM trans won't work, it is gonna take a adapter plate, new converter and a whole lot more little things to figure out for a tranny that is no better than an A-500. BTW the shifter is of little concern, it just won't sho the extra position on the indicator but it will still work with a little creativity.

If you go with a generic trans don't waste time with the 200 go straight to the 700R4, the 2004R needs lots of mods to handle any serious power and FYI the 200metric and 200C are 3 speeds.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!