I am just outside of the warranty period but the manufacturer said that they would cover labor and if parts were minimal, they would take care of that too and retest it and send it back to me as new. This is why I am leaning towards sending it back and just waiting for the rebuild rather than taking my chances during my driving season.
PM said that they have seen the wires swapped and then ran for years, but I am not that confident on electrical parts these days. I have had toooo many new electrical parts failures in the last year. (Powermaster Alternator, FBO ignition box, Mallory E-coil, and a FAST wideband controller (twice) all in the last year. These are some big names in the industry and I alone have had these failures.)

I will be able to have the dash back in this weekend (headlight switch issue) and then I will retest the alternator.

Cab,
I removed both field wire connectors due to loose connections and replaced them with new connectors and squeezed the female ends until both were very snug.
thanks

Thanks again.

Last edited by YO7_A66; 01/05/12 02:59 PM.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)