Quote:

Quote:

Was working in a carwash in suburbs of Philly when a kid from school came through with his brother's 1970 Stage 2 GS.

Cool car and cool story; was the car a regular GS or a Stage 1 originally? (I'm sure you know there is no such thing as a factory Stage 2 car; they're like SOHC mustangs, RAV GTO's and LS7 Chevelles...)

Dave

I'm glad someone pointed out that there were no Stage2 cars out the showroom floor. A lot of people still get that wrong. Attached is a picture of my 71 Stage 1.

The car I'm sorry that got away was a 71 440-6, auto, w/410 Dana Road Runner. I actually sent it to the junk yard with a 440 and auto between the fenders. The engine wasn't the original but I never even checked the trans. #'s. Dark green w/green interior. Back in 1983 it was just a beat up old car that needed everything so I took what I wanted and sent it to the crusher.

A highly respected collector (nowadays) that was just starting out back then told me I should have kept the tags so a nice car could have been made from them!!! Ron

Last edited by RJS; 12/21/11 10:21 PM.