Around 1981 and into Camaros as a 16 yr old....talked Pop into buying a decent shape 67 Camaro Convertible 396/4 speed console/gauges car...

Was white with white top, blue interior....ralley sport option with hidaway lights........the seller was telling us that this was a pace car edition, which I had never heard of before so I thought he was kidding me.....it had been repainted white before so there were no emblems on it.......he showed us some documents which were in the trunk, where flags had been attached to the bumper and an extra set of door decals which had decayed away in the trunk before anybody put them on.

this all meant little to me...we bought it and my buddy and i would take it out when my parents were gone and beat on it...laying rubber everywhere.....bought for 2500.......dad sold it after i left for college in '84 for 4500.....a few years later we found out it was an original parade car, something of like 80 or so built for race day...

reminds me of 1986 when my friend was begging me to buy his 69 pace car vert, 350/auto, for $3800.....i hated the orange interior...go figure...

1969 Buick Sportwagon 455 Stage 1 Ram Air SOLD
Nationwise Auto Parts Alumni 1982-1984

Now 1972 El Camino, original 402