Quote:

Quote:

I have not tried a standard light but the motor runs like crapt above 1600rpms. If it is just the light, then it will still run like crapt above 1600rpms. This is why I think that the timing is advancing too much causing it to run like this.
I will try and track down a standard light.
What if there is enough differences between the FBO box and the MSD box and the 54 degrees that I am seeing is actually correct? I did not move the distributor during this swap and I assumed that I would not have to just in a box swap. What if I am wrong about that?

You did talk me into swapping the wires and I am glad that you did. I think that I had the wires wrong on the new connector that I added and I had electrical tape covering them so I did not see it before today. I will check my alternator wires.

Thank you both.

For the time being... look at this as 2 separate
problems... fix the timing then go back to the
gauge issue... the gauge issue could be as simple as
a voltage regulator or a diode in the alt

good
, sound advice! no, there should not be any jump in timing just because you changed ECU. what happens with the wrong timing light is multiple flickers which makes it appear like your balancer is slipping. or you get nothing at all. now if you try solid core spark plug wires, watch out! it looks like a disco ballroom down there!