Quote:

Quote:

Is that what you got from data sheet ? This may have worked with cheap lacquer ,but it's a bad idea for urethane products. Reducing clearcoat will cause dieback, making it dull,easy to scratch,chip and will lead to premature deterioration.Even if you try buffing,it will not have the gloss and luster of properly mixed and applied urethane clearcoat. Just wondering, what kind of warranty your paint jobs come with?

I got that from a painting instructor and I asked a
rep for the company.. he said its fine also... plus
the thinner evaporates

Not wanting to get into a pissin contest, but I have been through PPG school , Dupont school, through several in shop demo's by by such companies as Sikkins , Standox, and Glasurit by factory reps, none ever suggested deviating from the engineered reduction ratio's because they actually work. There is no need to deviate. The issues I presented in my previous post(several posts back) still hold true, over reduction produces weakened film strength (due to all that extra reducer) and a less durable finish. Some paint systems over reduction of clear will re-float the metallic in your base or wrinkle it ruining your paint job.

If what you do works for you, cool, while the results are satisfactory, your not achieving the level of finish you could be, given the materials your using, if you stick to the paint manufactures guidelines.