I have been running all my cars here in OZ for 25 years plus on LPG and the money I have saved has been enormous. The government here will pay $1500 (used to be $2000) towards the cost of converting any car to run on LPG with the average cost to convert being $2500 or $4000 for the new direct injection LPG along with the necessary computer upgrades. Ford and GM here now offer factory fitted LPG systems and they actually have more power than conventional petrol (gas to you people). Around 15 percent of vehicle here in OZ run on LPG and with the cost per litre being less than half of petrol it makes it worth while. You do lose a little power if running the carby feed system or the earlier throttle body feed system. 80% of the service staions here now have LPG on tap so you will never run out but most people still run a dual fuel setup so if you run out of LPG you can make it to the next supplier on petrol. An added bonus is the life of the engine increased as it runs cleaner, LPG has a much higher octane rating and if you are a greeny you dramatically reduce emissions.