Quote:

Pump gas eddie headed 451? Pushing 800 horsepower? I say b.s.

Okay, that is understandable. As I look at it, I did make a mistake. This dyno run shows a beginning of 4,000 rpm, my apologies. I can produce other dyno sheets of 3,100-7,200 with torque above 500 lb-ft from 3,500-7,200 rpm and peaks over 600 lb-ft.

The engine ran in the 2009 Mopar Muscle Magazine Engine Challenge at 600 rpm/sec (less load on the engine) and pulling a mechanical water pump. On an exhibition run after the Challenge, it made 726 HP @ 7,600 RPM and 723.4 HP @ 7,000 RPM during the Challenge. See the May, 2010 issue for a brief build description.

The pull below was months later at 300 rpm/sec with an electric waterpump and with a better air inlet to the carburetor. At Comp Cams, during the Challenge, there was no air hat on the carburetor and the air was swirling around the dyno room like crazy. Also on this run we were using a different cam with a little less duration and a little more lift.

We made 18 dyno runs this session with various headers, tunes and loads on the engine and never made less than 743 HP and 13 runs over 770 HP.

The dyno is no longer a Childress dyno, but is owned and run by Aldon Miller of Performance Machine, Idaho Falls, ID. They just never could get the computer to change the heading.

Last edited by heyoldguy; 11/10/11 06:31 AM.