The tar sealer is slowly drying....I guess 1 more month till it's completely dry. I will then finish off the paintjob....Im just letting the body sit there until its dry...

In the meantime I have lots of things to restore and get ready to mount on the freshky painted shell once its done!!!

So, I have decided to work on the engine now. I am gonna rebuild the numbers matching HEMI engine. Its going 30 over, I already bought a brand new and balanced rotating assembly: eagle 4,15" stroke crank and stock size rods, and 0.030" over diamond forged pistons. So its gonna be a 477 CID hemi. I got my blueprinted and balanced rotating assembly off Best Machine Racing engines, so I know its done right and ready to drop in!

Im gonna build it with 10,5:1 compression.

The block is really nice and there is no corrossion at all in the water jackets. Looks like new!!! In fact I have never seen a used favtory block as clean as this one-

Now the heads are another story...they had been ported and whoever did the job got a bit carried away so they are junk. Its a shame because the water jacekts on these heads were perfect as well, and they had no cracks at the chambers. The port walls were left too thin after porting though and they cracked.

Oh well....since the original heads are no useable, I just opted to get brand new aluminum heads for it. I gor a great deal on a pair of brand new alum MP eddy heads, and I sent em over to Jeff at Modern Cylinder head. I know these heads are not exact in appearance to the originals (shape of the alterntor boss, some extra ribs or bumps at the end of the head, etc) but they are dimensionally the same and all the stock components bolt on. Really only 1% of the people looking at the engine inside the car would notice, and since its only a bolt on item I'm not sweating it. Its not like Im not gonna miss that correct bump on the end of the head or the correctly shaped alternator boss with 600 HP under my right foot! LOL This is what I got back...