Quote:

Great job, can you share how you achieved the slop look with the seam sealer?

Thanks

Just urethane sealer, I bought those tubes that you have to apply with an aplicator gun. I cut the tip the biggest I could, and really applied it on REAL THICK. Then I just bought a brush and cut it in small pieces (as big as a barbers brush) and I brushed and spread the sealer. Its better to use a brush that has stiff bristles.

The key hear is to do it fast and not overdo it, you want to brush and push the sealer right in the middle to make the sealer get into the seam and leave the edges of the sealer just spread out so the spread and habve a "round" oozed off look on the sides. You want to brush just once, max twice and be done with it.

Thats it!

To those who are wondering why I left the passenger compartment sealer off, as well as the inner quarter panel undercoat...there is a reason. Yes I know that those were also applied BEFORE paint and clear....but, it was black petroleoum based sealer, and the undercoat was also petroleoum based. So it was applied, and then the floors and trunk got painted while it was still kinda fresh so after a while the sealer ended up sucking up - vanishing the paint to the point where it almost seams that the black sealer and undercoat were applied AFTER the paint. But when you look close you can see that you can still find some traces of paint over the sealer and undercoat.

So thats why Im gonna applied the sealer and undercoat over the paint, let it dry for about a month and then Im gonna dust some f8 paint over it to achieve the look that you find when looking at an original survivor type car. Ive done it before and it does look like the real thing that way.