Thanks!

Yes, I will mask everything off to protect it...

I know what you are saying John, why not let the natural overspray get under the car when painting it, and be done with it....

I did not because I still need to prep the exterior body panels on the car and all would get messed up with the blocking dust. So Id rather finish the inside, bottom, mask it, and forget about it....

Its the way i chose to do it. All that matters is the end result right???

Besides, I wanted for the underside to look like it looks now for a long time....and as I'm sure you know, for proper paint adhesion you only have a time window to apply a layer of paint atop the other, and if I only did the dip primer, and if it was just a few days later that I did the exterior paint (which will be actually more than that) the paint and clear overspray wouldnt have proper bonding with the dull clearcoated dip primer gray, and i didnt want stuff to flake off or come off if I wiped the road and dirt grime later on if I wanted to keep the underside of the car clean.

The whole point for me is to drive these cars, not to display them and drive em off and on a trailer. So whatever looks original, but will actually protect the car for years to come and keep looking just like the day I did it, is what Im looking for here!!!

trust me, Ive thought this over plenty!!!