Quote:

Quote:

No offense, but retarding timing to control a wheelstand IS NOT the thing to do......that's a crutch JUST LIKE the wheelie bar...... This is a DRAG RACE so you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER kill power unless you're blowing the tires off with the front tires in the air.....

Big, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's just bracket racing. If he slows it up a couple hundreths in low and it keeps him from wadding it up, well he left a few hundreths on the table.

If you look at my first post, I thought he had a four link, that is where I would go.

And I can tell you all that spinning the tire, and major wheelies are not the fastest way from a to b. I have tested with timing pulled out in low gear verses unloading on the wheelie bar and the graph and time slips tell the tale. The four link was the ultimate answer, but wheelspin is to be prevented at all costs...

Everyone wants to pounce on Shawn for not listening to advice. If he wads the car up for not listening, that is his problem. If he wads the car up and no one gave him any advice, thats our problem. Its my nature to try to help people. I know I am thankful whenever someone helps me, no matter how big or small the favor.

As far as I can tell, he's ET chasing more than bracket racing.... and trying to not drag the bumper....It's wadding the tire and bouncing when it leaves the starting line now......it needs more power, or more tire pressure, or maybe more tire pressure along with a wider rim.......along with MORE shock control, front and rear.......the body is seperating, so it needs a stiffer rear shock adjustment.....If his shocks won't do the job, it needs better shocks...... If the front shocks are at the tightest setting and the wheels are dropped all the way as soon as the front tires leave the ground, he needs better shocks......

But he knows too much to listen, just like the motor build saga from a few years ago......

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......