Posted By: 572_dup2

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/08/11 07:59 PM

Attached picture 6862123-redwhite.jpg
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/08/11 08:21 PM

looks kinda weak for that big ole car.hope it works out

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/08/11 08:51 PM

John Calvert says it will work? I know next weekend.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/08/11 08:58 PM

Quote:

looks kinda weak for that big ole car.hope it works out

short would be my concern
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/08/11 10:45 PM

Have you not tried tightening the front shocks, tightening the rear shocks, limiting travel, more tire pressure, bolting weight on the front???

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/09/11 04:26 AM

This was the first time out with double front afco. The first three runs with them went very good. Didnt make any changes to chassis on the last run. Car had been lazy in middle an high gear. Made some some changes an think we found the power we were missing. Should have all parts we hurt back this coming week. Im hoping to go next weekend. Going to tighten front little bit more.

Attached picture 6862747-8.93.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/09/11 01:55 PM

You ran a short single wheelie bar before and it folded
pretzel... if you go to a longer bar you have more
leverage ... plus dont let the car get the momentum
going up
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/09/11 03:14 PM

Shawn, I just went through this same issue. Is your car a four link?

The wheelie bar is not the answer. Just a crutch.

Heres the sequence as I raced through it
http://speedzonemagazine-photo.smugmug.com/Jjk/Sportsman-Action/19031896_KXSsMv#1479560416_vK7jT5d

Was even worse this weekend. but looks to be squared away! PM me and I'll try and help!
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/09/11 03:38 PM

Shawn, are you not the same guy that over the last few years was wondering why his car wouldnt do wheelies, changed the motor, trans and so many other things to get it to wheelie and now you want bars? Or to tame them...I dont get it! No disrespect to you just makes me wonder. Hope you get it straightend out.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/09/11 05:35 PM

Phil, the way I see it is he wants to do wheelies like the first two passes, but not the third. I can tell you first hand the third pass he made is no way to race.

He has a problem now as the air is getting better (more hp)and needs to tame it while its still in one piece!

And Shawn, by saying you were talking to calvert, I figure you're running caltracs. Try and tighten up the front shock extension. If you have a digital 7 you can retard timing in low gear also, but try the shocks first.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/09/11 07:25 PM

Quote:

going up

My thoughts exactly. If you have the ability to move the wheel closer to the track, I would start there. Say about four to five inches off the track surface.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/09/11 07:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

going up

My thoughts exactly. If you have the ability to move the wheel closer to the track, I would start there. Say about four to five inches off the track surface.

leverage is key to not unload the tires. My car has been on these bars hard and the front tires are never more that a foot off the ground and the front end is tied down. I've since adjusted the four link and calmed it down.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 03:20 AM

Im pulling 5* out in first gear, have shocks nearly as tight as they will go, it was an AJE sinlge bar i used.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 03:48 AM

I remember why i quit posting an coming here now.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 04:15 AM

Quote:

Why is that
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 04:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why is that

Dont get upset with what I said, im just curious.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 06:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why is that

Why would you want to come here and post your problems ? Only to find a more than a few fellow racers that repeatedly give some input to try to help in some way. That usually ends up with you ignoring what gets posted or you not responding to anything but what you want to hear.

Or maybe your too thin skinned to play with the big kids.
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 07:46 AM

the way these bars work is Calverts spin on the AJE design, pivot see/saw point in the middle and push down on the rearend, wont unload the tires on a leaf spring/Caltrak car.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 01:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why would you want to come here and post your problems ? Only to find a more than a few fellow racers that repeatedly give some input to try to help in some way. That usually ends up with you ignoring what gets posted or you not responding to anything but what you want to hear.

EXACTLY, Fred.....You took the words right out of my mouth.... If someone's smart enough to take good advice, they probably don't need it.....

Quote:

If you have a digital 7 you can retard timing in low gear also, but try the shocks first.

No offense, but retarding timing to control a wheelstand IS NOT the thing to do......that's a crutch JUST LIKE the wheelie bar...... This is a DRAG RACE so you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER kill power unless you're blowing the tires off with the front tires in the air......Now, that's something to be proud of instead of these ghey-azz wheelie vids he keeps posting.....

Back when his junk had no power we tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen for YEARS......now we're trying to help him again, and I'm guessing it'll be YEARS before he figures it out......

Truth is Shawn, most people look at your threads purely for the entertainment value (just like reading Purple Eddy's threads).....not because we think you're so cool because you FINALLY got it into the 8's and you think it needs wheelie bars.....
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 04:57 PM

Quote:

Have you not tried tightening the front shocks, tightening the rear shocks, limiting travel, more tire pressure, bolting weight on the front???

the answer is right here, maybe try and slip the tire instead of the dead hook, a little wheel speed may work wonders as well.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 05:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EXACTLY, Fred.....You took the words right out of my mouth.... If someone's smart enough to take good advice, they probably don't need it.....

Quote:

If you have a digital 7 you can retard timing in low gear also, but try the shocks first.

No offense, but retarding timing to control a wheelstand IS NOT the thing to do......that's a crutch JUST LIKE the wheelie bar...... This is a DRAG RACE so you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER kill power unless you're blowing the tires off with the front tires in the air......Now, that's something to be proud of instead of these ghey-azz wheelie vids he keeps posting.....

Back when his junk had no power we tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen for YEARS......now we're trying to help him again, and I'm guessing it'll be YEARS before he figures it out......

Truth is Shawn, most people look at your threads purely for the entertainment value (just like reading Purple Eddy's threads).....not because we think you're so cool because you FINALLY got it into the 8's and you think it needs wheelie bars.....

I would have to agree Wayne. If the car goes from the first two wheelies, and then " all of a sudden" does this monster wheel stand, and you dont know why, then your really in trouble, unless of course you just want the attention???? ( or turned on the nitrous?)

A wheelie bar wont fix the problem. A wheelie bar is a tuning aid, not meant to be a saftey stop on a 3400#+ car. You'll really mess things up there. You need to better understand why your car is acting like it is, but then again, as mentioned,...you never want to take any good advice. I just hope you dont wad the car up, because it is a nice ride.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 05:55 PM

so the opinions posted for the correct way to cure the problem is pretty much the same. It comes from those who have plenty knowledge most gain from personal experience in a like situation. Try to cure it with suspension travel and shock changes not wheelie bars.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 05:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

the answer is right here, maybe try and slip the tire instead of the dead hook, a little wheel speed may work wonders as well.

EXACTLY, John......by the way it bounces like Tigger in the first two vids it needs more power or air pressure (maybe along with a wider rim)....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would have to agree Wayne. If the car goes from the first two wheelies, and then " all of a sudden" does this monster wheel stand, and you dont know why, then your really in trouble, unless of course you just want the attention???? ( or turned on the nitrous?)

A wheelie bar wont fix the problem. A wheelie bar is a tuning aid, not meant to be a saftey stop on a 3400#+ car. You'll really mess things up there. You need to better understand why your car is acting like it is, but then again, as mentioned,...you never want to take any good advice. I just hope you dont wad the car up, because it is a nice ride.

Todd, you've been around enough to see what's going to happen too .......The car is cool and it's nice seeing a full body early Mopar B-body in the 8's.....but to get your feelings hurt over people offering advice, even though you may not agree, and then deleting posts is goofy.....
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 07:07 PM

Well if this is a CalTrac car then it's totally different. Regular wheelie bars just don't work that well with leaf springs, been there, done that, and that right there is your toughest obstacle to overcome because it's just not going to be as consistent no matter what anyone says or how you look at it. However you can make adjustments to calm the car down and that is what you are going to need to do.

So you may not get that perfect wheels up launch you want every time, compromises will have to be made because the suspension is a compromise to start with. But since no info was provided to start with in either post everyone had to assume something.

Maybe if you gave good foundation information to start with you could have gotten different answers instead of just running away like a little girl.

I'm just messing with you, don't take it personal, if you can't take a joke then, oh well. You have an awesome fast car and if it's on CalTracs my hat is off to you but don't ever think you'll get it to work as consistent as a four link car, won't happen no way no how.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 07:10 PM

Isn't this the same car thats faster with big wheelies?

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 09:42 PM

Quote:

No offense, but retarding timing to control a wheelstand IS NOT the thing to do......that's a crutch JUST LIKE the wheelie bar...... This is a DRAG RACE so you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER kill power unless you're blowing the tires off with the front tires in the air.....

Big, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's just bracket racing. If he slows it up a couple hundreths in low and it keeps him from wadding it up, well he left a few hundreths on the table.

If you look at my first post, I thought he had a four link, that is where I would go.

And I can tell you all that spinning the tire, and major wheelies are not the fastest way from a to b. I have tested with timing pulled out in low gear verses unloading on the wheelie bar and the graph and time slips tell the tale. The four link was the ultimate answer, but wheelspin is to be prevented at all costs...

Everyone wants to pounce on Shawn for not listening to advice. If he wads the car up for not listening, that is his problem. If he wads the car up and no one gave him any advice, thats our problem. Its my nature to try to help people. I know I am thankful whenever someone helps me, no matter how big or small the favor.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 10:21 PM

but wheelspin is to be prevented at all costs...

Not so... if he were to "get up on the tire" it would
most likely 60' better... it does for me... a controlled
amount of slippage

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 10:38 PM

Your right MR P, I'm using a radial and there is a difference...

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 11:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No offense, but retarding timing to control a wheelstand IS NOT the thing to do......that's a crutch JUST LIKE the wheelie bar...... This is a DRAG RACE so you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER kill power unless you're blowing the tires off with the front tires in the air.....

Big, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's just bracket racing. If he slows it up a couple hundreths in low and it keeps him from wadding it up, well he left a few hundreths on the table.

If you look at my first post, I thought he had a four link, that is where I would go.

And I can tell you all that spinning the tire, and major wheelies are not the fastest way from a to b. I have tested with timing pulled out in low gear verses unloading on the wheelie bar and the graph and time slips tell the tale. The four link was the ultimate answer, but wheelspin is to be prevented at all costs...

Everyone wants to pounce on Shawn for not listening to advice. If he wads the car up for not listening, that is his problem. If he wads the car up and no one gave him any advice, thats our problem. Its my nature to try to help people. I know I am thankful whenever someone helps me, no matter how big or small the favor.

As far as I can tell, he's ET chasing more than bracket racing.... and trying to not drag the bumper....It's wadding the tire and bouncing when it leaves the starting line now......it needs more power, or more tire pressure, or maybe more tire pressure along with a wider rim.......along with MORE shock control, front and rear.......the body is seperating, so it needs a stiffer rear shock adjustment.....If his shocks won't do the job, it needs better shocks...... If the front shocks are at the tightest setting and the wheels are dropped all the way as soon as the front tires leave the ground, he needs better shocks......

But he knows too much to listen, just like the motor build saga from a few years ago......

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 11:12 PM

What Shawn really needs is a crew chief. A GOOD crew chief!

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/10/11 11:52 PM

Quote:

What Shawn really needs is a crew chief. A GOOD crew chief!

EXACTLY.....

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 12:00 AM

The reason I believe the wheelie bar won't be that effective is too high a center of gravity and to far back. Look at the profile of my Dart. 3020 lbs, had 50 / 50 weight distribution. Lower than your car by a bunch.
Torqueflite, big tires, 4.56 gears. Only 528 cubes. People kept telling me to put weight on the front and it would help, so I finally did. I moved so much weight the car went to 53 percent on the front. It settled right down, with the only requirement being I had to raise the launch rpm to hit the tires enough to get weight transfer.
Now instead of hitting the wheeliebars so hard it unloads the rear tires and spins, It carries the front out about fifty feet nicely in average air, and I am going to have to lower the wheeliebars and tie down the front a touch for great air.
My suggestion was/is to start TOO low with the wheelie bar, so if it doesn't go straight, you will have a much better chance of steering it out of trouble.
If you have the battery in back, put it up front if you can. You will be surprised how much that will help. Just rig up a shut off (solenoid?) that will still work from the rear for safety. Try and lower the car some, but it looks as if that will be hard to do.
You will probably still be too heavy out back, but it will allow the wheelie bars to work with less upset to the rear which causes spin. Keep coming back, guys want to help.

Attached picture 6865287-Dartpics103.jpg

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 12:21 AM

Quote:

The reason I believe the wheelie bar won't be that effective is too high a center of gravity and to far back. Look at the profile of my Dart. 3020 lbs, had 50 / 50 weight distribution. Lower than your car by a bunch.
Torqueflite, big tires, 4.56 gears. Only 528 cubes. People kept telling me to put weight on the front and it would help, so I finally did. I moved so much weight the car went to 53 percent on the front. It settled right down, with the only requirement being I had to raise the launch rpm to hit the tires enough to get weight transfer.
Now instead of hitting the wheeliebars so hard it unloads the rear tires and spins, It carries the front out about fifty feet nicely in average air, and I am going to have to lower the wheeliebars and tie down the front a touch for great air.
My suggestion was/is to start TOO low with the wheelie bar, so if it doesn't go straight, you will have a much better chance of steering it out of trouble.
If you have the battery in back, put it up front if you can. You will be surprised how much that will help. Just rig up a shut off (solenoid?) that will still work from the rear for safety. Try and lower the car some, but it looks as if that will be hard to do.
You will probably still be too heavy out back, but it will allow the wheelie bars to work with less upset to the rear which causes spin. Keep coming back, guys want to help.

Greg... one of his problems is that he wants to run
a single wheel bar and keep it on center so it looks
cool...plus its short...I like MOST run a dual wheelie
bar and the right wheel is about 3/4 of a inch lower...
but the wheelie bars are a safety item ..... JMO

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 01:47 PM

Attached picture 6866076-cricketschirping,jpg1111.jpg

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 03:23 PM

looks like weve lost 572,thats too bad i really like his car and the work and results he has put into it.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 03:38 PM

Quote:

looks like weve lost 572,thats too bad i really like his car and the work and results he has put into it.

His feelings got hurt

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 05:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

His feelings got hurt

The truth hurts, but he needed it......

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 08:44 PM

No my feelings didnt hurt. I didnt ask for any help or advise. I do things MY way an really dont care what anyone thinks! Not everyones car is the same, different cars call for different changes. I have done things that others said would work becouse it did for them, didnt work for me. My dad is my crew chief we been racing together for 35yrs. We learn stuff every time we go out an we are having FUN!!

The problem here is everyones an expert an everyone elses car. There is alot of GREAT advise here an everyone is very tallenated. You race your car your way an ill race mine my way!!
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/11/11 08:58 PM

Quote:

No my feelings didnt hurt. I didnt ask for any help or advise. I do things MY way an really dont care what anyone thinks! Not everyones car is the same, different cars call for different changes. I have done things that others said would work becouse it did for them, didnt work for me. My dad is my crew chief we been racing together for 35yrs. We learn stuff every time we go out an we are having FUN!!

The problem here is everyones an expert an everyone elses car. There is alot of GREAT advise here an everyone is very tallenated. You race your car your way an ill race mine my way!!

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 01:01 AM

Quote:

If your feelings aren't hurt, then what's this supposed to mean????

Quote:

Is it because you weren't getting enough people to high five or knuckle bump you on your awesome wheelie videos??? or because you're not mature enough to handle people offering advice that you may not really understand or appreciate???
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 01:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If your feelings aren't hurt, then what's this supposed to mean????

Quote:

Is it because you weren't getting enough people to high five or knuckle bump you on your awesome wheelie videos??? or because you're not mature enough to handle people offering advice that you may not really understand or appreciate???

I bet now you really scared him off of here.
Tell me how you really feel.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 02:09 AM

Quote:

My dad is my crew chief we been racing together for 35yrs. We learn stuff every time we go out an we are having FUN!!

Shawn, that is the BEST crew chief you can have! You are very Lucky to have that! And having fun at the end of the day is what its all about!

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 02:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My dad is my crew chief we been racing together for 35yrs. We learn stuff every time we go out an we are having FUN!!

Shawn, that is the BEST crew chief you can have! You are very Lucky to have that! And having fun at the end of the day is what its all about!

My dad and I have the same taste in cars and loves coming with me to the races. He's my best friend.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 02:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My dad and I have the same taste in cars and loves coming with me to the races. He's my best friend.

Only high five i care about is my dads. We got a pretty bad a$$ car an were dam proud of it!!

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 02:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i hope you realize how blessed you are,i never was close with my dad.
Posted By: 572B1

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 09:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Only high five i care about is my dads. We got a pretty bad a$$ car an were dam proud of it!!

And so you and your dad should be dam proud. Your car rocks.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 12:54 PM

" I didnt ask for any help or advise. I do things MY way an really dont care what anyone thinks! " heard loud and clear

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 01:03 PM

Quote:

" I didnt ask for any help or advise. I do things MY way an really dont care what anyone thinks! " heard loud and clear

wow,this changes everything.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/12/11 05:34 PM

Quote:

the way these bars work is Calverts spin on the AJE design, pivot see/saw point in the middle and push down on the rearend, wont unload the tires on a leaf spring/Caltrak car.

Correct. I may try one of these on my Challenger leaf spring/Cal trac Drag Radial project if needed. It looks like a nice concept & looks like it would really plant the tire.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/18/11 04:10 AM

Posted By: joshking440

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/18/11 02:51 PM

I saw the fastest caltrac cars in the world this weekend....... 4.60 to the 1/8 at 170mph....none of them had wheelie bars.....
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/18/11 03:18 PM

Keep in mind two things about the AFCO shocks. First the compression setting on the BACK of the car also affects wheelstands. Hard to believe but it makes a noticeable difference. I have no experience with it on a caltrac car but something you can try. The other is that you can send those fronts in and tell them you would like some stiffer valving and they can do that for you as well. May not be the answer but I wanted you to know the option was available. Keep us posted on how your wheelie bar works. Calvert knows his way around a leaf spring car for sure.
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/18/11 04:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

To each his own, pays to be different
Posted By: 72Challenger

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/18/11 05:24 PM

Know what you're meaning as in having fun Shwan, that's what it's all about in my case too.

I'm running a pumpgas hemi backed up by a 4-speed in bracket ...
Wise, maybe not... competitive, guess not... consistance... guess not, hard on parts... yep

Wow factor for myself... hell yeah!
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/26/11 03:43 PM

Quote:

Shawn...after reading this wize-azz comment..if I knew as much as some of these VERY KNOWLEDGABLE guys on here,that are trying to help you out....I wouldn't give you ANY ADVICE AT ALL! Like Wayne said earlier..when you were having ALL those issues with your motor,you blew some of these guys off! Why even bother coming on here and asking for advice? You do have a BEAUTIFUL..and FAST car...but, how much WASTED money did it take to get it to where it is? I know..I'm just a part time drag racer,with a SLOW 11 second street car,with limited knowledge! But...I do take advice from INTELLIGENT,and EXPERIENCED people on here...instead of BLOWING-OFF people who offer their help,and experience! After 35 yrs. of racing together,BOTH of you should have ALL the answers! Just my opinion..take it for what it's worth!..or NOT! Good Luck with the wheelie bar(possibly MORE wasted money)! Sincerely,Randy Borawski.
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/26/11 04:36 PM

Ok now I do not want To get into a pissing contest about Shawn personality or anything like that against him. Not into that. But looking st this thread no one has given him any advise that can be applied to a caltrac car. They are a different animal. They could hook good for 5-6 runs then suddenly stand straight up. Tighten the front shocks or take some travel out and you blow the tires off. We have been fighting this problem for a few years. We have been talking to calvert about those bars for over a year and the theory make sense so we were going to try them out. Unfortunately the caltracs are so violent that we broke a wheelie bars on a launch that sent us into a crash.hurt the car and me. So those single wheel thingies are ment to work with them. Calvert has put them on alot of cars with great reviews. Everyone has given him great advise but they cannot be applied to this application. Hope this helps . Jake
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/26/11 04:59 PM

Gary...UNDERSTOOD! I have nothing at all against Shawn,personally! I've never met,or even talked to him. But..when Wayne(Big Squeeze)pointed out Shawn's comments,and general attitude from the past..I just had to give my opinion. Shawn told me a few yrs. ago that the 002-003 SS springs would NEVER work on my HEAVIER car. Maybe he knew something Dick Landy..who suggested them years ago,didn't know. I guess what I'm getting at is.. no matter how smart you are,there's ALWAYS someone out there with the EXPERIENCE,and KNOWLEDGE in helping solve a particular problem!...at least LISTEN to that advice,without being a wise azz about it..even if you TOTALLY DISAGREE! That's all I'm saying!
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/26/11 05:06 PM

Got it
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/26/11 08:22 PM

Being as I'm a cal trac guy Shawn, one thing I have been learning from the fast guys is soft shock settings in the rear are key.

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/26/11 10:20 PM

Quote:

Gary...UNDERSTOOD! I have nothing at all against Shawn,personally! I've never met,or even talked to him. But..when Wayne(Big Squeeze)pointed out Shawn's comments,and general attitude from the past..I just had to give my opinion. Shawn told me a few yrs. ago that the 002-003 SS springs would NEVER work on my HEAVIER car. Maybe he knew something Dick Landy..who suggested them years ago,didn't know. I guess what I'm getting at is.. no matter how smart you are,there's ALWAYS someone out there with the EXPERIENCE,and KNOWLEDGE in helping solve a particular problem!...at least LISTEN to that advice,without being a wise azz about it..even if you TOTALLY DISAGREE! That's all I'm saying!

lol that was the springs i used an they worked pretty good! I would never say that. But hey whatever you wanna say is a ok with me!
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: Hope this will help contol wheel stands - 10/26/11 11:11 PM

Can I borrow your hood? I'll use the right lane. Impressive 64 car.

Attached picture 6889867-998852905_4DmMz-O[640x480].jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums