I went through much of the same thing when building my first TT440 in 2001. Nobody knew anything about putting a carb under a turbo. It was either some sort of voodoo or or a money sucking folly. Most of the people on Moparts were knocking me down and saying I would fail horribly. A few guys stuck by my side and offered info they thought would help.
As the build progressed more and more people came over to my side. Once it was running well I had the support of most Moparts regulars. I really needed that support because I never had much success with Holley carbs.

It's sad to think that this setup made it into Mopar Muscle Magazine in January 2002.

It's a far cry from the setup that made Popular Hot Rodding in 2009.

Now, there are truckloads of info available on the net, both good and bad. If someone spends the time to do a little research building a blow through turbo isn't that bad. You still find naysayers but stick with it and you'll be fine.

Now that I've played with EFI, I'm not interested in doing another blow through. Maybe your build will progress liks that through the years too.
So far, it sounds like you've done a pretty good job.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon