I retract all my previous statements about thinking twice about going turbo. I've got my car up and running now and most of the things that I read about blowthru setups being hard to tune and cast pistons exploding so far haven't been true(knock on wood). I don't have a wideband and I've set my timing by ear and, I'm on pumpgas, the rumors about a boosted motor haven't been true for me. With that being said I will have a wideband and properley set my timing before I go to the track and try to get some numbers, but so far on the street with 7lbs looking at the plugs and setting the fuel pressure is all I've done. I learned alot along the way I figured I would pass on to those building a turbo SB, but take my words with a grain of salt because I am not a professional....

*Stock magnum manifolds are by far the easiest route, I tried headers and have one on the drivers side but run a manifold on the pass. side. If I did it over I would have used them on both.

*My ebay GT45 turbo was nice and so far with about 50miles on it has shown zero signs of trouble. The 1.05 hotside is alittle big for a stock 318 it spools late but comes in hard

*Air-to-air intercoolers take up alot of space. If I do it over again it would be air to water or meth. injection.

*Ebay wastegates and BOV don't seem to be that bad. Mine are chinese knockoffs and seem to function ok although only time will tell

*I run a walbro 190 pump and a mallory 4309 regulator. Both are cheap and seem to be ok for my application. I also love that I can't hear the walbro as opposed to my old blue pump.

*My cheapo stall converter was supposed to be a 2200-2800. It pulls at about 2400 but is way too tight for my car and gear. If I did it over I would try to get something in the 2800-3200 range maybe more. I'm going to a glide anyway because the 904 is already slipping and its rebuilt

*Don't drill out your PCVR's until you get it on the car and see how it runs...although this has probably helped me from going lean and killing my motor already.

*Stock ignition has been fine so far but I will be going to an MSD BTM when I can afford it

Just some things I was thinking about and thought I would share. I'm new to boost so this has been a learning curve but it's always good to share real life experience